Monday, May 4, 2009

Tvb Four FaDans Part 3

Now, I'm going to talk about the current four most promoted TVB FaDans of today. If you look at things, there is a trend. The actresses are about the same age with some exceptions and normally the oldest or at least the one who has been around the longest. There will always be four highly promoted girls but whether or not they are worthy of the promotion all depends on what the audience thinks. But honestly, I think tvb is biased. There are so many actresses that have such strong fanbases, powerful acting abilities and the actual talents. Sadly, some cannot make this list. Maybe you might think they are eligible but from my point of view these are the four that are the new batch of FaDans but just because they are on this list does not mean I like them.



The Third Batch


Myolie Wu: This girl is a leading actress but why is she only here on not on top with Charmaine? Well, basically its because she was left to lead this batch just like Gigi and Charmaine for the previous. Let me tell you, besides Charmaine, I think she left a huge impression on me. When I think of Golden Faith before I rewatched it, I always had Gallen in my head and I could forget the whole cast but him and Myolie. Let's see, I know she acted in Eternal Happiness but I did not really notice her and I actually forgot her participation in the whole show. She caught my eye in Golden Faith as the mentally deprived sister of Gallen and I never forgot her because to me, that was her best role and actually the one role I will never forget she played in. She was so sweet and cute! After that, I watched her in Family Man but honestly, at that time, I paid more attention to Flora and Sonija since her role was pretty insignificant. She got her big break in Triumph In The Skies as the lover of Francis and let me tell you, her fame soared higher than a rocket because that show did so well but honestly, Flora had better improvement but her character was touching because she almost died of sickness. Lost In The Chamber Of Love was another show I watched but it wasn't for her, instead for Michelle she had no chemistry with Ron and Myolie was not good but Michelle apparently got so angry, she left TVB. In Net Deception, all I remember is Wong He, Tiffany and Myolie's huge hair, not much of her character because she was hideous in that show! Following that, I watched all her shows. She had chemistry with Joe Ma in The Gateau Affairs and all that chocolate drew me to the show since the cake looked delicious and I still remember there was some chocolate ship that had alcohol or something. After that was Wars-Of-In-Laws which was hilarious and showed me the comedic potential Myolie had alongside Liza Wang. My mum loved that show and it also gave me this vibe that Liza and Myolie had this chemistry as Mother and Daughter. I watched War And Destiny but Myolie was outshone by Leila who had perfect chemistry Ron. To Grow With Love was watched solely for Selena because it was her breakthrough role but I admire Myolie for putting on so much weight just for this show and yet I hated the character because she was annoying with the whole wanting to lose weight and treating Kenneth like dirt. In The Drive Of Life, no offense though but Charmaine did a better job in chemistry with Raymond whilst sure Myolie was sweet but sometimes, I just don't get why she did so much for some guy who was a loser and loved him to the ends of the world. Wars-Of-In-Laws 2 was much better because it brought back the chemistry of the casts and my love for Myolie and I really felt for her. Plus, I must say it was better than the prequel in terms of comedy and meaning. Going on to The Master Of Tai Chi, I must say that I think Selena did better than Myolie overall since she carried off her role better and she was more likeable though. When A Dog Loves A Cat was one show I had anticipated since forever because Gallen was coming back! Though it wasn't great and I admit it was weird seeing them together because to me, the sibling vibe was still there but I enjoyed every bit of it because Gallen did a tremendous job, he and Bernice had great chemistry and though some consider it ridiculous but it had meaning to it and I cried so many times in that show. 2009 for Myolie is a bright year ahead since she has three sereis, Burning Flame 3, The Flirting Scholar and The Truth Of His Father. Myolie deserves to be the leader of this group!



Tavia Yeung: This girl is another one who lasted for very long in my head. I watched Eternal Happiness and can remember her in the show when I see her but if you were to ask me who acted in it, I wouldn't recall her but I remember her costume though. This is the same with Golden Faith since she wasn't important. When did she become a favourite? Once again it is all linked back to Gallen Lo with his The 'W' Files where she played Hong Hong and she was so pretty in the western outfits that I would talk about her all the time. That was when I noticed her. She had the steady rise. Twin Of Brothers was the show that I loved because of Fungyi and Yuk Chi because the girls were so pretty and the scenery was great. Tavia was beautiful and trust me, she looks better in ancient attire as compared to Myolie. I watched Shades Of Truth and I thought she was pretty but the role wasn't that great. She was then overshadowed by Sheren Tang in The Prince's Shadow but she really stood out in The Academy which made me love TaRo. I actually mistook Ella Koon for her in Revolving Doors Of Vengeance! She was okay in A Pillow Case Of Mystery and in Face To Fate I looked more towards Selena though. 2006 to 2008 were her years. The Land Of Wealth was great and Sonija was beautiful and so was Tavia while I really enjoyed her bimbo role in Dicey Business and I was so sad they killed her character off in On The First Beat because she was so pitiful and I loved her in Heart Of Greed. She was so much more likeable than Sheung Joi Sum and she and Bosco were so sweet. Me and my sister loved Jackie! Following, I got to watch Fathers and Sons in which Tavia was pretty in because I loved her hair and she and Wong He had great chemistry! She took on her first lead role in The Building Blocks Of Life but I didn't really watch it and she was a third party. Normally, I hate third parties, with exceptions. When Moonlight Resonance was stated to air, I had once considered not watching it because they said that Raymond was leading over Moses which most likely meant it would be tons of Linda which I cannot stand because something about me knew that there was no way Yu So Chau would be any better than Sheung Joi Sum and I was right. In fact, she was worse. However, maybe it was the hype of the show or the fact that I liked Heart Of Greed, but all I know is that I gave it a try and I was hooked. I dreaded RayDa scenes but it was Moses and Tavia that touched me most because they had great chemistry and the fact that Kate was so real and evil just helped. I loved the scenes when she cried in the phonebooth because I cried too. Sweetness In Salt was watched because the synopsis intrigued me but the storyline wasn't that good though Raymond Wong had good improvement and Tavia had a very likeable character. Upcoming, she has Stars Of Love and Beyond The Realm Of Conscience and I'm more interested in the second one since Selena is in it and they will play rivals!





Linda Chung: You know how I praised all the previous FaDans, well this time, I can't because there is next to nothing to praise about this girl. I hate her! I know its harsh and everything but I cannot stand her basically because at her age, she is being given chances that people older than her and more qualified than her cannot get. This is unfair because she is a lousy actress and the way tvb promotes her just makes me want to puke the moment I see her all over the news. Claimed to be the good girl, why is she in the tabloids all the time? Once involved with Bosco and then Moses and then Raymond! To me, something about her irks me because she has this thing that I cannot stand which is her looks. She is not pretty though from certain angles she is but sometimes no and something about her tells me she ain't that nice. I was okay with her when I watched Forensic Heroes and I kinda didn't like her in The Biter Bitten but she was bearable. She became unbearable in Heart Of Greed which is ironically the show that made her famous. Yoyo and Tavia have been there for so much longer and this little girl who is so many years their junior gets to barge in and steal that? They worked for it and she just gets it. That's why I hate her. Plus the role as Sheung Joi Sum made it worse because that girl cried over stupid things and playing pitiful with that annoying voice is even worse. They said she was strong and so if she really is then suck it up and move on. You don't cry because of this and that and you don't just get angry over every little thing. She never cared about Yoyo's feelings. It was like the world revolved around her. RayDa was a sweet pairing but now that I see them it is annoying. They were paired up in 2 lousy shows and its like their this thick sponge that gives out never-ending water. The overdose killed me immediatly! Then, the constant sweet scenes with Moses made me faint in a very bad way. It was like she was using him. Can't she tell he likes her? If she loved Alfred than stick with him. Don't use the idiot on the block. No offense to Linda fans. She and Moses had no chemistry. I watched A Journey Called Life and still am not convinced as well as Forensic Heroes 2. She starred in what 4 episodes and she gets to land on the poster! I swear, Moonlight Resonance was even worse. I watched the first few episodes with her in as the main and ever since then, I skipped every single scene with her, Raymond and Bosco! Her character was worse than in Heart and the thing that made things worse was that Raymond's character was poorly written and Bosco was even worse. She cried over every single thing. What right did she have to cry with Raymond when Bosco dumped her? She was this spoilt little girl that didn't want to be the third party, that detested her mom being one and ultimately still became one and she still cried like she was the one in so much pain. If you ask me, Claire should be the one crying her guts out. Not Linda. I skipped Legend Of The Demigods and went on to watch The Gem Of Life. I almost didn't want to watch it but then Gigi and Ada and all the other great casts just pulled me in. I'm glad I watched it because it was a great show and I'll admit that at some points it wasn't that good but it was not bad overall and Linda was an interesting character. I'll have to say she was good as the Paris Hilton because she was funny with her bimbo ways but Ada's existence made her look like this idiot when it came to smarts and schemes. She was pitiful and this was by far her best role. I'll admit I don't like her but her role in that show was good and I'll give her that. Her show A watchdog's tale will be airing soon and I might just watch Written To Life because the story sounds interesting.

Kate Tsui: I liked this girl once and though she is not my favourite but she's alright. She was extremely annoying at one point of time and until now, something about her tells me she's kinda proud but nonetheless I think she's ok. I watched her in Rules Turn Loose and I thought she and Sammul really looked like a couple. To me, at first look, she wasn't pretty in that show nor in La Femme Desperado but she was gorgeous in The Price Of Greed and I loved her from that show. Even though she and Bosco didn't have that much chemistry, she and Sammul did and she wasn't very stupid but Shirley was cuter. I watched The Brink Of Law for the sake of Bernice and Shirley and Kate looked horrid in that show. If not for her chemistry with Ron, I would've skipped all her scenes but in fact she wasn't important in that show and showed no improvement unlike Shirley. I hated her in On The First Beat with her annoying acting and role and she and Ron looked horrid with her boyish hair and her character and the fact that Fala and Bernice outshined her in Steps didn't help. I skipped Speech Of Silence but her role in Moonlight Resonance was outstanding and added on to the list of how I remembered her. Usually, when Kate came to my head, I would think of Lan Ping but now another one I'll remeber will be Ka Mei. She was pretty in The Four but lacked chemistry with Raymond and the way she treated him was sad. I watched the first few episodes of Man In Charge because I thought she might be able to do comedy but she sucks at it because all she did was shout at Kenneth which was not very entertaining. Now, she is going to release her first album and trust me, she cannot sing live which means she cannot sing well. She should brush up on her acting first. She has two shows coming up which is The Beauty Of The Game and Medicine Of Heaven which I might or might not watch.

To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment